I cannot believe how long my hair got! So exciting, as all summer I just let it be au natural, and it is thanking me for it. I straightened it today and yesterday. And yesterday at work, well last night I almost took someone out because this young guy (v. strange) who hangs out a price chopper at night, lurking around, came in, and I guess my hair was down? Later he comes back to the store and tells me and I quote, "Put your hair down."
Anyone who knows me knows that comment didn't go down okay with me. So I told him to go smoke another blunt, re-evaluate his life, then tell me that I need to wear my hair down. What an ass. I think he knows to never talk to me again. He then said that we are aquaintences and I cleared that shit right up, we are nothing but human beings living in the same city.
On a happier note I got a good dose of sun today and woke up at 9..naturally. How, I don't know. I took a run/walk, and just chilled, read some Wallace Stevens, and hung out with the family.
In related stories, bring me shopping, and get me back to UMass now. I'm a nerd that likes school and papers, and classes. Its better than working. Maybe I'll just never leave school..I'll get my PhD in like media studies or something and be an eccentric professor.
Which just reminded me, last year at Salve I'll never forget this professor I had for "What it means to be human". Yes that was the course's real legit name. Her name was Joan David, and right off from the start you knew she was exactly well...nuts, but in a good way. Often times she would come in with two different colored shoes, usually brown and navy. At least once a week she would wear a sort of loose knit sweater, and by loose knit I mean hole-ish, like small gaps. No problem right? Yes except she took "grandma trying to be sexy" to a whole new level when she wore these sweaters with out shirts under them. But Joan of course in some rediculous manner pulled it off. Another thing that she may or may not have pulled off--her British accent. Well case is, I did some background info on her haha, and found out she went to school I think in Prov and grew up in New England. I guess studying those old poets just reformed her a bit. But my point is most english professors are extremely quirky, its a requirement. I did have one very hot professor though for English...
- ChelseaWhitton
- Hello my name is Chelsea, but you can call me Chels or Chach. If my name was Candy, I would be Candy Kane. Fresh and sweet. Anyhow, I graduated from college at UMass Amherst in May, knowing a little bit about myself, but knowing I wanted to learn a lot more about what I'm meant to be doing with my life. Since then I've figured out quite a bit. Living here in Jamaica Plain on my own, learning about life, what it takes to make it on my own, and balancing work, friends and family has all been a great experience. Maybe I am a grown-up? It is almost Spring. Its a reawakening. I am reawakening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment