If you haven't seen the SNL clip "Giraffes" its a must-see. Watch it on hulu. I just die laughing everytime.
So today was the idllyic rainy day, one that doesn't make you feel gross and muggy but rather comfy and like peaceful. I just hung out, went to lunch, and worked, but it was good.
Tomorrow Lindsey moves to Westfield. And I have a week to pack, buy a laptop, pay my $1800 bill, shop?...just get it all together so I can make this year as wonderful as I hope and pray it will be. And clean the shit out of my room, and kitchenette/bathroom. Otherwise I'm definintly not allowed home.
I'm going to a school which I love, my major which I'm obsessed with pretty much, and friends who are just the best. UMass offers so many oppurtunities I never would have had otherwise. One day I wanted to get involved with the Collegian, and I simply just sold my ideals for newspapers and media, and wound up getting a position as copy editor, and an offer to write for living and arts and news. Its amazing. I was brainstorming today, I would love to be the first to pitch the idea of U Magazine, like UMass' magazine, it would come out quarterly with mostly features, or UMass blog, where there is a range of editors, but people can post if they feel inclined, and editors choose which makes it on the site. I really would love to pilot something like this. Maybe I will. I want to take some acting classes. How sad is this? I miss clarinet. But I have no time for that, because I need to work, and Saturdays are dedicated to running the Norwottuck, because my get in shape plan this summer was partically neglected, and I'm regretting it. Sundays are dedicated to Mercy House, lunch with friends, and enjoying life. And this year is dedicated to continuing my search for what I want in this life, and what I want to get out of it, of course while enjoying it everyday.
On another note, how is everyone? I wish you could respond on this silly thing. I hope well. I hope you all had a good summer, maybe life altering, maybe boring, maybe good, maybe swell. But regardless, the fall (my favorite season) is approaching, which brings, sweaters (preferably black), boots, apple pies, beautiful crisp air, and blue skies. I could go on forever, but I love fall.
In other stories I really need to plan my next internship for next summer. Like get a great letter going to SNL. It probably is going to involve some story about how Will Ferrells skit Robert Goulet, became a keystone of my life haha and comedy, and it'll go from there. I'll talk about how I grew up and learned about comedy from short sketches like "Mango" with Chris Kattan, and "Cantene Boy" with Alec Baldwin and Sandlar. Comedy is such a big part of my life, so to get a step into the business next summer would be a dream come true. I also plan to apply to intern for Jimmy Fallon. Conan O'Brien sadly moved to LA, and I'm so not the LA type. But I wouldn't complain if I could intern for the Today Show, and catch Viera her latte every morning. Its a year away, again here I am dreaming, but another year is ahead of me. Last year was good, this year will be great.
- ChelseaWhitton
- Hello my name is Chelsea, but you can call me Chels or Chach. If my name was Candy, I would be Candy Kane. Fresh and sweet. Anyhow, I graduated from college at UMass Amherst in May, knowing a little bit about myself, but knowing I wanted to learn a lot more about what I'm meant to be doing with my life. Since then I've figured out quite a bit. Living here in Jamaica Plain on my own, learning about life, what it takes to make it on my own, and balancing work, friends and family has all been a great experience. Maybe I am a grown-up? It is almost Spring. Its a reawakening. I am reawakening.
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment