Why is switchfoot so impossible for me to learn? I don't know. I always remember the phase that I went through where I was going to 100% marry Jon Foreman...then I found out he is like in his 30's, but Switchfoot's music is wonderful.
Currently I am trying to learn how to play Bob Dylan's version of Mr. Bojangles, because next week I am visiting Ben and Molly at the Cape, where there father used to live, and he passed almost two years ago this August, and the other day Mr. Bojangles came on Mollys Ipod and she said, "I love this song it reminds me of my Dad. He would love this." Which sparked the idea, of attempting to play it around the fire. It would mean alot, for two people that have always been great cousins.
I am still laptopless...currently hacked into my sister's. I don't know what I should do. I think I might pretend I still go to Salve and bring it down with me and have them fix it...after all it is the piece of shit Salve ordered me to buy. But I still need to buy a battery for $150, but thats better than spending $500 on a laptop.
I slept until 1:30 p.m. today. Who does that? I am so lazy, but I think a second cycle of REM kicked in because I like couldn't face reality from dream. I woke up searching for this laptop that didn't exist because I had a dream my Mom gave me this uber-chic laptop in my dream and said to just take it because I deserved it. Right. Haha even I'm laughing at the prospects of that.
I cannot wait for UMass. Im so excited to be back doing mah thang, like UMass outing club...hiking! (which I didn't have time for this summer) and kayacking. I'm not canoeing though, last year I was tricked into sloshing through a dead current of the Connecticut River for 12 miles. I wanted to jump off and swim instead haha, so no canoeing, but I cannot wait. I wanted to tryout for symphony but the person never gave me the damn sheet music so I guess not. And most importantly is the Amherst Wire and the Collegian, which I plan to write for the living and arts section, while submitting featuers to the Wire. I am a very busy gal, but I like to keep it that way. And I secretly have this burning desire..kidding, but no really, to be either an actress on Saturday Night Live, or be an anchorwoman, so I'm going to try and take some acting classes, and or work for UVC 19. Oh yes and on top of this all I want to have some sort of social life, and I need to work. Why must I do this to myself.
Sorry for telling you my life story...no pun intended...but jotting things out like this help me think straight, because if I keep it in my mind, well you all know how my mind is, I can't function.
As the late Steve Irwin would say, "Sheila its a beaut."
Translation, I'm going outside.
- ChelseaWhitton
- Hello my name is Chelsea, but you can call me Chels or Chach. If my name was Candy, I would be Candy Kane. Fresh and sweet. Anyhow, I graduated from college at UMass Amherst in May, knowing a little bit about myself, but knowing I wanted to learn a lot more about what I'm meant to be doing with my life. Since then I've figured out quite a bit. Living here in Jamaica Plain on my own, learning about life, what it takes to make it on my own, and balancing work, friends and family has all been a great experience. Maybe I am a grown-up? It is almost Spring. Its a reawakening. I am reawakening.
Friday, August 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment