Okay so I'm still on this whole I'm transformed thing, but today is a challenge.
I was pissy from 6:50 a.m. on. I freeking hate my job. 8 hrs feeding pretentious faux hippies their organic overpriced still equally bad for you food. If you want to meet a real fricken hippie look at me, I steal apples off of trees, drinks from bubblers, and eat mostly soup from the can.
Some woman asked what country the coffee came from so I told her the general area of Central America--suffice to say she wasn't satisfied with my guestimate--what a bitch. I guess I just let people get to me too much today. I was like oh ya I got it from a fucking farmer, just drove it over the mountains up through Mexico last night.
It wasn't that bad after I guess--some kid asked what "Cosmic Cupcakes" were. They were on the menu but as usual my job just throws you there and wishes you best luck so I had no clue what "Cosmic Cupcakes" were. So I sarcastically said, "Well there a little specialty I make at home, and bring in. They're cosmic". Haha. Smartass. Like I care?
I made it to International Relations only to not be able to pay attention to more talks on Nuclear Sanctions. The world just seems so depressing when all you talk about is how much explosives we have to kill everyone.
As a result I wrote poetry, the only escape today. Then it was off to the Collegian to edit about 18 stories, only to find it was pouring rain outside, and rode my bike home in a ripped dress, in ripped leggings, in cold rain. Then to come back to my room and skype with my sister and have her tell me that I'm 20 and need to get my own apartment. WTF. How about she stops smoking weed for a living.
I'm blasting monsters of folk hoping for a miracle. That the holes in my life (and clothes) will miraculously be sewn together. I'm a weak thread tonight.
- ChelseaWhitton
- Hello my name is Chelsea, but you can call me Chels or Chach. If my name was Candy, I would be Candy Kane. Fresh and sweet. Anyhow, I graduated from college at UMass Amherst in May, knowing a little bit about myself, but knowing I wanted to learn a lot more about what I'm meant to be doing with my life. Since then I've figured out quite a bit. Living here in Jamaica Plain on my own, learning about life, what it takes to make it on my own, and balancing work, friends and family has all been a great experience. Maybe I am a grown-up? It is almost Spring. Its a reawakening. I am reawakening.
Monday, September 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment