Wednesday, September 16, 2009

In the Clear

Okay so pretty much I'm free as a bird--with out downloaded music. Yesterday I was notified that I was in big trouble for having shared music on my computer. They just wanted the reaction, Oh I'm so sorry, and whatnot. I only take music from big stupid people, my fellow indie hippies I buy from. I do have ethics people. But that's fine, they basically just told me to cut the shit out. So I will. Last night Meg called me and we laughed about boys, and other random things. I told her the story about how I was in a bit of legal trouble, and she replied, "You, You would be the one to get in trouble with the law. Not the quiet one, but the ginger." Of course we all agreed because we know I'm not cohesive with the government or any other sort of oppression. I will keep my word, I won't download. Okay? Okay.

To be quite honest, when I was going down to the oit help desk I thought it was going to be like Chris Hanson's Dateline: To Catch a Predator. Except this time I'm the music predator, and there would be police down there to book me. But I let my imagination go to far, and I'm fine. I then found myself here, with my Late Night with Conan O'Brien coffee mug, because I couldn't find my to go mug haha. Yes, only I would carry a Late Night with Conan O'Brien mug around campus. I'm going to need to update and buy a Tonight show With Conan O'Brien mug.

Things are good. I'm starting to research a book I would like to write, because frankly my attempt at writing fictional novels is sucking badly. The Short Stories and Life Glories of Apple Stevens" has been a long and dull process, and the character of Apple Stevens is always changing because I always have new ideas, so it doesn't flow. So I'm focusing on a book titled, What Has Told me to Tell, its about the stories behind the stories of journalism. The importance of ethics, and where our ethics derive from. Is it God, government, or personal morals and beliefs? What are the underlying factors that compose Journalism in America today, and how can we change them so Journalism portrays one word-- truth. I know, its quite the task, it really is, but I want to start now so in the next two years of my undergrad I will have written a book. I still want to work on a book of poetry, and fiction novels. We'll see.
Did I mention also that I'm starting to re-read James Joyce's Ulysses? Its absolutely nuts, and I don't know what James Joyce ever got any credit for being sane, but its fun to read and figure out.

I wrote the other day in class some things that I'll post later. They involve as usual my personal philosophies of space and time--because I'm a complete nerd.

No comments:

Post a Comment