Sunday, September 20, 2009

Knowledge in Knowing

So today I woke up giggling and can't stop. Well actually it started last night, with my Saturday evening in and I was watching the already recorded SNL when Will Ferrell hosted, who happens to be my hero. I fell asleep wrapped up in my comforter in my butterfly chair. I remember laughing at Celebrity Jeopardy and how for once Sean Connery actual got something right. Trebek asked them to make up a word, and who ever makes up a non-existing word wins. "Kathy-Lee" aka Kristen Wiig made up the word "Hoda Kotb" who is her co-host on the Today Show, which is hilarious. And then I fell asleep.

Today was another great day. Later in the day after meeting up with India, I said, "Why is everything so great right now?" Because, you have to understand, my life was so just everywhere all the time, and now it sort of seems to flow. About three months ago when I began this blog to chronicle whatever it was that I was going through, I never could have imagined things would morph into what they have become. Its more than I could have prayed or asked for. I'm not asking why, because its something that I've worked toward, and there is no questioning allowed. I just am how I am, right now, because of the things I put faith in, and the things I believe in.

But back to life and not theory, today after church I went to film the quidditch pratice--interesting. It makes for a good story, and I could think of a thousand things I'd rather be doing than running around on a pretend flying broomstick on a Sunday afternoon, but like I said, it makes a cute little story. I then had collegian meetings and signed up to write a story about an exhibit opening, and the artist whose collection is being displayed graduated from Umass. And the photographs feature nature. So that should be both interesting to me and fun to write.

Now trust me this all relates back to what I was saying how things sort of just flow together on some other schedule that I don't know of. Because if you know me well enough, you know that the UMass planner they give us in the beginning of the year, gets lost by me the first day, and from then on the only schedule I keep is written on the edge of old newspapers, coffee cup holders, or yellow legal pads which the papers fall off of. My point is I organize in my head--and hope that its adequate enough.

I was walking back to my dorm after the meetings, and I wanted to stop near the apple trees near the hill, its a little patio area, and eat and take a quick break in the sun...when I hear a whistle. So I look. Now I don't have my glasses, but I still can see that it is India. I just laughed, because its truly so funny. I was stopping by to just chill with nature and here is India doing the same exact thing. She was looking at this crazy bird on top of a pine tree that was unidentifiable to me, because it didn't look like a falcon, an eagle, a vulture, or a hawk. My only guess was an owl--which if that is what it was--cool. We then were wondering if the apples were edible. I decided that I would try. Can I just tell you--those apples are amazing, crunchy, organic, fresh. I guess I've figured out some lunch. Its kind of like in Costa Rica, when your hiking you can just pick a banana off the tree and continue on. That is sort of cool. Too bad we don't have coffee trees.

I am not even going to ask why everything is so good. I'm just going to enjoy it for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment