Saturday, October 31, 2009

Upward over the Mountains

So much is going on. Wow. Says Walken. First I will start by describing how amazing my costume came out, and I'm not one to brag but I was thrilled. It was pleated newspapers, and some of my selected favorite publications, the NYtimes, the Telegram, the Flash, The Boston Globe, USA Today, and some others, and my favorite stories and publications pleated into a multi-tiered couture- if you will- skirt. It was a blast to make--I listened to an Asthmatic Kitty Achoo Sampler and put the thing together. I finished it up with satin across the waist a red headband and pearl accessories. It was actually the most fun making it. It was suiting. It started off as I was a passionate reporter, then I decided I was the newspapers of America, then it was the newspaper fairy, and my line was, "I know where you live...I deliver your paper, if you know what I mean." Joking about it was just as fun as wearing it. Halloween is supposed to be fun and it was. Supporting the dying print field--is what I do. haha.

Other aspects of my life...Putting together my internship portfolio. Ahem New York Times, and Saturday Night Live. Here is the thin I don't know what I want to be anymore. Happy? Can I be happy as a profession?

I have this friend, she'll kill me if I put this on there so for now her name is V.A. We decided that each week we will meet up and chat, duh as we always do, but we both realized there is things that we need to work on about ourselves--basically liking ourselves, and understanding what it means to be here now, and enjoy it. We decided every week or so we'll try to pin point what it is we are working on. Its sort of great to have a friend going through the same things. We call it "single-ness". We think everything would be better if we weren't single. Its a difficult one.

On another side note at Franklin dining hall there was a tarot card reader clairvoyant tonight haha and the cynic that I am went in believing all of that shit was shit frankly. Except I was amazed, India was there as proof I wasn't being brainwashed or crazy into thinking things. The guy started off with that I have a kind, child-like, young demeanor, sort of light and fun--true. Then he said that I went through a short but life altering change recently--true. He said I was and still am a bit of a "space cadet". I like to live in "fantasy and magic, thing seem easier when they aren't reality". According to him I also have behind me family problems that aren't like plaguing me now, and I have a young new friend who will be of good influence. And the best part, the hopeless romantic that I am said my whole is all about romance. That I will be in a romantic relationship and find love, I laughed at that one. Did I mention the first thing he said was I was indecisive. Pin Point. P.S. Love? What the hell is that word?

I used to semi-dislike beer, but am developing a liking for blueberry beer. Haha, and I forgot about my love affair with rum--flashback of Friday nights out in Prov much.

What have I been doing you might ask? Well weekend trips away, lots of walking/running, my bike has a flat tire..good excuse to talk to bike co op boys, I was paid...finally, my boss cut my hours for my health's sake because I looked/was over tired which was true. So that was nice, in a way. I have no fucking clue what is going on in my International Relations course. I think Barack Obama is failing us. If I'm turning into a conservative just kill all the polar bears for me will ya. I am pretty happy with my work ethic and life right now. Things are good, I feel good, and most importantly God is good.

Peace,
Chach

P.S. whoever you may be hope things are good, great, and grand, and happy November. Its the month of Turkeys and continuing of fall which means pumpkin pie, and cider--my favorite. Oh yes and my favorite pumpkin lattes.

No comments:

Post a Comment