Monday, October 26, 2009

And all the leaves on the trees are falling

Today (my 11 hour work day, 4 hour editing day) was long, and I ate way too much, tomorrow will be good. I like Tuesdays. I'm tired, ate a pumpkin muffin and should probably prepare my next news story idea/study for world politics. My teacher is a liberal nut job so I'm sure I'll do fine.

Things are good--Devendra's Cd comes out in about ohh 20 minutes, I'm pretty excited about that. I'm not feeling so lousy about myself anymore which is good, but I could use a little shopping trip/run or something to make me feel even better, or a hot coffee. Probably a run tomorrow around 5. My life is so filled up.

This weekend was nice, my family is sort of coming back together thanks to some prayers and acceptance on all our hearts. I will always be a somewhat cynical, but funny person, Lindsey will always be the Pink Floyd, social/political activist/thinker, Kristen will always be there to make punch lines about me and to hug and shop with, Nick will be there to make me laugh and hear him play electic guitar,my Dad will always be there to let me realize that life needs some laughs and realistic views, and my Mom will be there to give me hugs,reassure me that I will infact be on SNL and call me "Mary Catherine Gallagher" (the spaz from the movie "Super Star). But most importantly they have stopped critiquing me on God knows what. Which is nice and appreciated, because to be quite honest no matter how hard I try I will never have it together-do any of us?

My life will always be scribbled about accross yellow legal pads,I will always be writing new novels or poems, I will always have a coffee in one hand, a guitar in the other while dishes pile up, money flies out of my hands, but as the clouds float by I'll remain happy, and pursuing. And knowing that is just enough for me.

So as my family comes together after what seems like was a life-time, my life is slowly making more sense. I'm trying to figure out prioritizing friends, family, work, God, ambitions, goals, dreams, and me. I don't know the order these go in, but as long as I have them all.

I'm not sure if you read this, where you are in your life, who you have in your life, what you love, what you admire, just make sure you know its the truth. That what you say and do represents what you hold to utter importance or truth. I work long days, but what I do signifies "truth" how I view the world, and where I want to fit in. I mean there is only 6.6 billion of us--plenty of room now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment