Hello all who actually read this bologna.
So it looks as if I will hopefully(prayingly) be going to Belize this January for a couple of weeks, to do missionary work, and help the director of the mission complete his book.?!? I'm just so ecstatic and happy, and hope it all works out. I've been praying for something like this for a while. Now I just need the funds, and a SLR camera, a backpack, and a notebook and I'll be set to go. This cracks me up because for a while all I said I needed was a backpack and a notebook and I'll be happy. This is the first test. Some of you ahem (my sisters, and close friends, and parents) know me as this materialistic, self-serving bitch, which was true of me not long ago, but I'm different now, and am trying to embrace this new self I've found. Missions are something that I've always had my mind on, and with prayer and surrender of things uncontrollable in my life, this opportunity has approached me.
In related stories I'm not quite so sleep deprived as last night I took a "nap" from 7-11:40, woke up did a paper (journalist style) basically slapping crap together, and went back asleep until 11:00 am today. How nice. I was supposed to wake up early and go to the bank and get a haircut but whatever works.
I still desperately need a new pair of glasses so in fact I can see what I'm doing.
This weekend I'm going to Vermont for a fall retreat with the navigators. I love fall, and this only helps it. Also studying the bible in the middle of the mountains is so therapeutic and beneficial to my life I can't even start to describe.
I'm a financial wreck, and a cluttered brain. I want to start playing my clarinet again, and continue my conquest to play violin. I also want to buy a banjo. I want to do so many things but have such little time. I'm being honest when I say I'm lucky to sit down and have a meal these days. Today I ate lunch with Virginia which was a treat.
Okay I should probably pay attention to Media Criticism. Ah cynicism
- ChelseaWhitton
- Hello my name is Chelsea, but you can call me Chels or Chach. If my name was Candy, I would be Candy Kane. Fresh and sweet. Anyhow, I graduated from college at UMass Amherst in May, knowing a little bit about myself, but knowing I wanted to learn a lot more about what I'm meant to be doing with my life. Since then I've figured out quite a bit. Living here in Jamaica Plain on my own, learning about life, what it takes to make it on my own, and balancing work, friends and family has all been a great experience. Maybe I am a grown-up? It is almost Spring. Its a reawakening. I am reawakening.
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment