Good day, Day Good.
Here is a link that I want you to read, because this story is so well-written so riviting and insightful into the War in Afghanistan that many can't and don't report on. It is sad to hear that after seven years of war the Taliban still thrives, when it is falsly reported and implied that the Taliban is currently opressed. Here is NYTimes Journalist and Pulitzer winner David Rohde's account of being kidnapped by the Taliban. This is the kind of journalism that I hope to pursue one day. His story is incredible.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/18/world/asia/18hostage.html
In related stories I am simply and utterly let down by Devendra Banharts new cd. Granted I can't play guitar for shit/or come up with freak folk lyrics such as he does, but really Devendra? My halloween costume is rediculous and needs revision. I need money. I want my blueberry beer, or someone who likes to drink on Wednesday nights haha.
- ChelseaWhitton
- Hello my name is Chelsea, but you can call me Chels or Chach. If my name was Candy, I would be Candy Kane. Fresh and sweet. Anyhow, I graduated from college at UMass Amherst in May, knowing a little bit about myself, but knowing I wanted to learn a lot more about what I'm meant to be doing with my life. Since then I've figured out quite a bit. Living here in Jamaica Plain on my own, learning about life, what it takes to make it on my own, and balancing work, friends and family has all been a great experience. Maybe I am a grown-up? It is almost Spring. Its a reawakening. I am reawakening.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment