Thursday, November 26, 2009

We actually saw turkeys on the side of the road today...irony much

So of course I have to blog about Thanksgiving. Hope all my friends had an amazing one. As usual no family event within my family goes perfectly picturesque. For example, at Lindsey's graduation I ended up accompanying my grandmother to the ER after she tripped up the stairs being excited for my internship. That was bad, but it just makes families stronger I assume. You might ask well what happened today?
Okay well my aunt just had a tumor removed and she is healing, and that is just stressful as it is. But the day started off fine, we went to my uncles house and had breakfast foods and as promised I quickly moved from coffee to something better than coffee.
Then we all took off to have Thanksgiving at my house, and my aunt and cousins went back to their house quick to grab a couple of last minute things, and they noticed there oven was on fire, so they called the fire department and it was fine. So we spend all Thanksgiving day just hanging out watching old tapes of Lindsey and I, not quite sure why, we ate, we just did the normal thing, only to have Molly go home and call us startled because her entire house was flooded. I wasn't a part of the clean up after that for some reason, but I'm glad to hear there house is fine after a crazy day. There was no brawls, overly drunken people, arguments, or political disagreements, so suffice to say Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the leftovers.
Did I mention I agreed to go with my 15-year-old sister to the mall for Black Friday...yes get this, I'm waking up at 3:45 a.m. because of it. Maybe I'll find some boots that don't look like they barely made it through a war. As long as there isn't another trampling and death of a person over a material good, I think I won't entirely give up on society. Prayers and Peace everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment