Have any of you heard the song by My Morning Jacket, "Golden". Its beautiful. I found that I had downloaded it to my ipod while in Costa Rica staring over the rainforest canopy, and that couldn't have been a better moment to listen to the song. When life sort of plays out like this, don't let it slip by, remember beautiful moments, as encouraging thoughts, on everyday days.
I'm now planning my trip to Belize, planning, oh the fun part, funds, being prepared, flights, safety. I'm going there to do missions and I want to feel prepared, I need to dive into my Bible, I need to pray, I need to fully understand the extent of why this has happened in my life, or why the opportunity presented itself. I want to learn all I can, write all I can, and observe all I can. I'm hoping to have some sort of DSL camera to document my time there, or to take short videos chronicling my time there.
As for what I did today it involved lunch, editing a news production for 4 hours (I really think I could do news production for a living), going to class quick before realizing how much I hate international Relations, dinner, Collegian editing, and now here trying to do work in Media Criticism. It wouldn't be so bad if I used my weekends wisely.
Where am I today in the world of thinking...
I'm trying to understand the complexities of life right now, sort of placing myself above cultural boundaries, languaage boundaries, society boundaries, psychological and emotional boundaries, and am merely observing. I am trying to be unaffected by any force or existing societal infrastructure, following just my spiritality, and inner being. Its about time I do this. As painstaking as it is to sort of re-evaluate what you hold as truth, it opens up your eyes to a vast way of thinking that is both unconventional, and needed. Critique is needed in life and I'm definitely involving myself in some serious evalutations and critiques of the government, politics, environment, societal values.
But don't worry everyone, I'm still planning on enjoying Thanksgiving, and Christmas, and as always before all my contentious thoughts, theories, and hypotheses are family, God, health, and love, because with out all of these things nothing else could or would exist. Enjoy the meteor showers, I know I will be enjoying them. Things like these are supposed to be reminders that life--so elegantly designed, so beautifully simple, presents itself in natural will--so appreciate it, will ya?
Have a happy Tuesday.
- ChelseaWhitton
- Hello my name is Chelsea, but you can call me Chels or Chach. If my name was Candy, I would be Candy Kane. Fresh and sweet. Anyhow, I graduated from college at UMass Amherst in May, knowing a little bit about myself, but knowing I wanted to learn a lot more about what I'm meant to be doing with my life. Since then I've figured out quite a bit. Living here in Jamaica Plain on my own, learning about life, what it takes to make it on my own, and balancing work, friends and family has all been a great experience. Maybe I am a grown-up? It is almost Spring. Its a reawakening. I am reawakening.
Monday, November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment