Torn from a composition notebook, found inbetween letters to friends, God and random assortments of poetry I found this, and sort of made me laugh. Don't we all forget about those thoughts that we jot down throughout the day? I sure do.
Here is something I decided to title in my old notebook as Wednesday at 4 p.m. Knowing me--it was probably written on a Tuesday at 8 a.m.
Wednesday at 4 p.m.
Have you ever just sat on a bench and just calmly observed life as it passed, right before your eyes? People of all sorts strolling by living their lives, while you just sit there with yours on hold. I do more thinking than acting, and more nothing than everything.
I often watch people. One night I took a ride around the campus and there was a student playing banjo on the bench at 10 p.m. It took every bone in my body to not go over and say hello, suspenseful in the dark. It was the night Obama won presidency, and I was sad over some school fiasco and blew some steam off with a late-night bike ride. The banjo was calming. A part of me now wishes I sat down with the banjo player. Also, hopefully its not just me witnessing this hilarity, but I often see students walking around campus playing the harmonica. That is just great.
Sometimes the only way to stop life and see others is to simply sit down and breathe.
- ChelseaWhitton
- Hello my name is Chelsea, but you can call me Chels or Chach. If my name was Candy, I would be Candy Kane. Fresh and sweet. Anyhow, I graduated from college at UMass Amherst in May, knowing a little bit about myself, but knowing I wanted to learn a lot more about what I'm meant to be doing with my life. Since then I've figured out quite a bit. Living here in Jamaica Plain on my own, learning about life, what it takes to make it on my own, and balancing work, friends and family has all been a great experience. Maybe I am a grown-up? It is almost Spring. Its a reawakening. I am reawakening.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment