James Tate is a professor at UMass who happens to be a poet with an incredibly humorous voice in writing. He reads so monotone--making the subject of his absurdities to the nth power of hilarity. Here is Tate reading one of his poems.
Last night I fell asleep to listening to poetry podcasts. I love this, and wish I could find more poetry on podcasts.
http://www.poetryfoundation.org/journal/audioitem.html?id=1824
- ChelseaWhitton
- Hello my name is Chelsea, but you can call me Chels or Chach. If my name was Candy, I would be Candy Kane. Fresh and sweet. Anyhow, I graduated from college at UMass Amherst in May, knowing a little bit about myself, but knowing I wanted to learn a lot more about what I'm meant to be doing with my life. Since then I've figured out quite a bit. Living here in Jamaica Plain on my own, learning about life, what it takes to make it on my own, and balancing work, friends and family has all been a great experience. Maybe I am a grown-up? It is almost Spring. Its a reawakening. I am reawakening.
Monday, January 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment