Saturday, January 9, 2010

Marley and Me

I watched Marley and Me last night with my brother. Oh speaking of my brother he is 12 and last night he walked around the house and said, "Thats my stuff bitch," jokingly of course but my true self came out and laughed my ass off, then after I said, "No, Nick, thats not right, you can't be swearing." He was still laughing. Then he said it to Lindsey and right after her face scowled and she yelled at him. Reflective of parenting skills in the far far far far future? Possibly haha.

Back to Marley and Me....the movie was good. Except I hate how they portray Journalism in the movies as this luxurious job, this I write 2 columns a week and get paid __k a year. Thats not it at all. But its a movie. I also am not a huge dog person at all, but this movie made me want to get a dog. Say I do go to New York this summer, I know I probably wont have the time or energy for a dog, but I could really see myself walking it around. Maybe.

Although the movie did make me think--maybe I should be writing columns since I only blab about what I really understand, know about and like. I should be writing columns. Only problem is columnists usually strike me as pure annoying.


Why is everything in my parents house always breaking?! Last night I was supposed to hang out with friends, my mother was working, my father was at the comedy club, and I was squatting while draining the water heater. Great times. But thats life and now I know what to do when you hear your tank making a sound like its gonna blow. Haha I yelled and told the kids to get out of the house. So dramatic.

I woke up and had this dire need to go to Newport, mainly because the sky is crystal clear blue, and its just so perfect out, but its so spur-of-the-moment that no one is around. I miss Newport and just want to go ice-skating and see the shops. If my plan for the summer doesn't work, my backup plan is to live in Newport, because of the beaches, and you can pretty much walk everywhere, or in my case bike and/or moped....depending upon whether or not my dad would let me take it. Now that I'm thinking that sounds like so much fun.

I have three days off from work that is unless they call me tomorrow, in which case I will work. Things are good, I'm feeling optimistic and am trying to be appreciative of everything in my life. Because I should be.

Hope things are good with you, chances are you're probably on break from school and sort of want to go back sort of not wanting to go back. I'm there with you on that one. I was going to post an interesting news article or something but I haven't read the New York Times in over three weeks. Chika What!!

No comments:

Post a Comment