Why is it that I wear my orange dress everyday? I don't know.
If you feel like having a good laugh, and you know me and can picture this read on...
Today I was playing my guitar outside by our miniature pond. The goldfish seemed intrigued and surfaced (probably because my orange dress matched their ornate scales and as a matter of fact my hair), and a little chipmunk made an appearance and quickly scurried away, but the thing that made me laugh even at my self was the hawk sitting in a tree about fifty feet up on the golf course tree. At the moment I started playing, the hawk started doing well you know, the sound that furious hawks do. We deemed her a girl hawk, because shes kind of bitchy, and apparently is more into Led Zeppelin, than The Beatles. I quickly retreated back into my habitat, while she stayed in hers, doing what hawks do.
In news and related stories, I didn't actually realize that people were reading this, until Meg Matthews(haha) decided to let me know. Of course I'm publishing thoughts and stories online, but never really braced myself for the fact that people would read them.
My story on Miss Massachusetts is being published for tomorrow's Flash so that is exciting.
Today was extremely slow at the internship so I sat there and read news stories all day. The best one was by far a 10 page feature on whales. (I'm obsessed with whales to begin with, so when articles run I jump for joy, or breach...no pun intended.)
But in all seriousness this story was amazing, the journalist explained how there was a group of divers trying to untangle a humpback in the pacific, and after the humpback was set free it swam circles around the divers in an effort, and then nudged each one of them (in what scientists think is a sincere effort to thank the rescuers).
Here it is if you have time to krill...haha get it? I know you all love my jokes.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/12/magazine/12whales-t.html?_r=1&scp=2&sq=Whales&st=cse
- ChelseaWhitton
- Hello my name is Chelsea, but you can call me Chels or Chach. If my name was Candy, I would be Candy Kane. Fresh and sweet. Anyhow, I graduated from college at UMass Amherst in May, knowing a little bit about myself, but knowing I wanted to learn a lot more about what I'm meant to be doing with my life. Since then I've figured out quite a bit. Living here in Jamaica Plain on my own, learning about life, what it takes to make it on my own, and balancing work, friends and family has all been a great experience. Maybe I am a grown-up? It is almost Spring. Its a reawakening. I am reawakening.
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment