Saw it written and saw it say
Pink Moon is on its way
None of you stand so tall
Pink Moon is gonna get you all
Pink Pink Pink moon.
If not one of my favorite songs ever by Nick Drake. Its too bad its by one of my favorite artists who saw his best and worst days in the 70s. He was brilliant. Another one of my favorites is "Road."
After a Monday like today listening to some Nick Drake definitely helps unwind. Every Monday I hope it will be alright, that I will get back to my dorm and not want to fall apart or run away. This has yet to happen last semester and this semester. Its something about Mondays. They can't seem to hold themselves together.
Somedays I think I'd be happier here or there doing this or that. But I'm here. doing this and that. But I'm sure working on an African Safari or studying Blue Whales or Sloths or rocks or bird migration patterns or seismic activity in the ring of fire, or names of foreign plants or being a famous poet would beat out anything. Though it might seem I'm listing off random things, they are actually all things I like. Thats my problem, I like too many things. Ignorance can be bliss my friends. I don't know I'm only kidding. I realize I'm in a fortunate position to be at school. I can be a hippie if I feel so inclined to. But I need to be a productive happy one at that. Right now I want to feel nothing. That is something I would like. As I try to relax. Nothing.
P.S. this post is a bunch of midnight in-cohesive thoughts. James Joyce remix style.
- ChelseaWhitton
- Hello my name is Chelsea, but you can call me Chels or Chach. If my name was Candy, I would be Candy Kane. Fresh and sweet. Anyhow, I graduated from college at UMass Amherst in May, knowing a little bit about myself, but knowing I wanted to learn a lot more about what I'm meant to be doing with my life. Since then I've figured out quite a bit. Living here in Jamaica Plain on my own, learning about life, what it takes to make it on my own, and balancing work, friends and family has all been a great experience. Maybe I am a grown-up? It is almost Spring. Its a reawakening. I am reawakening.
Monday, February 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment