My grandparents (the bicycling vegetarian ones) sent me this lovely book today, as if they knew I needed some inspiration. They wrote a lovely note, "I always thought these chicken soup books were good. Nice short stories-uplifting. Good luck with your music."
Things like this just make me appreciate all I have meaning family and love even more. Even better was the page that the letter bookmarked as I opened the package was a page that has one of my favorite quotes of all time on it. Some strange coincidence.
Hi everyone. So I forgot to mention this but I'm just blown away by Frank Warren. Seriously a great inspiration. In my feature on him I refer to him as, "charmingly honest." Anyhow, I asked him the question, "You get postcards from all around the world, do you ever post any on the blog in other languages?" He replied, "you know, we don't, but because you asked, next week I'll post some on there." Which is so cool. PS the website is www.postsecret.com. He posts new postcards every Sunday.
As for me strange things happen in this life let me tell you. Its like when you have a little faith everything aligns or goes a bit smoother. The minute I sought out some help, friends started pouring in with stories and understanding. I'm learning you don't always have to bury your needs and worries so deep down at some inaccessible point. I like to think that some things in my life become a black hole. Just get sucked down, and the gravity is so strong so vast that it is physically impossible for things to return or re-emerge. But today was great a step in the right direction.
Upon another whimsical sort of unfolding of events, I was asked if I wanted to attend a winter conference with Navigators a group I'm in. I'm going and feel very blessed to be able to go and just re-valuate my faith and life and walk in the right direction.
Its funny you know. We always think we've got it figured out--that we can do everything on our own. For me that isn't the case. Every day when I think I can wake up and put a smile on my face and get through the day without having a nerves and anxiety and leaving class, I can't. And when I stretch out my arms and literally yell for God, things get better--and quick. And at this point its not like I expect it at all--I feel badly for sort of being so skeptical of my faith, but it never fails, and my hope seems to prevail when I know I'm not on my own.
Prayers for V.

No comments:
Post a Comment