Last night I slept 13 hours. A much needed 13 hours. I woke up today thinking it was a little before noon. My roommate cheerfully said, "Good morning," which then ensued laughter as I looked at the clock and saw that it was 3:30 p.m. I guess when you can sleep that late there must be a reason for it. It might be my stress, my lack of sleep or just taking it easy, something I don't do often.
This weekend I went away to a conference. I knew beforehand I was in a contentious spot with my faith, which for a while was unshakable. The conference for many served as a firm standing ground for many of those Christians in attendance.
For me it did do something in the right direction but didn't serve as a firming foundation. Rather it showed me how far in my faith I still need to grow, and also how 100 percent cynical I am. I joke around that if someone gave me a paragraph of a book, an article or even a piece of furniture I could analyze it and write at least a page about it.
This is not necessarily a bad thing that I can have great insight into things, but for my faith, sometimes my undying need for answers and always a margin for error does destructive things.
Also I've become so busy and not intune with my health that I've been gettting shooting pains in my right occipital, it sounds silly but I've targeted that it only happens when I think about the future. The future, which means uncertainty. So as a result I've decided I need to be back in-tune and will be trying to do more yoga and attending pilates classes.
So things are good, a four-day week which entails some work and hopefully some fun in the upcoming weekend.
Everyone have a great week, get some fresh air and lets hope it doesn't snow too much.
- ChelseaWhitton
- Hello my name is Chelsea, but you can call me Chels or Chach. If my name was Candy, I would be Candy Kane. Fresh and sweet. Anyhow, I graduated from college at UMass Amherst in May, knowing a little bit about myself, but knowing I wanted to learn a lot more about what I'm meant to be doing with my life. Since then I've figured out quite a bit. Living here in Jamaica Plain on my own, learning about life, what it takes to make it on my own, and balancing work, friends and family has all been a great experience. Maybe I am a grown-up? It is almost Spring. Its a reawakening. I am reawakening.
Monday, February 15, 2010
Harnesting and Harvesting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment