I don't belong in college
I belong on a Safari
A wild ride of life
Not in books
Not in computer screens
I want to be free.
Its Monday night, and I'm struggling to get stuff done. I'm so sick of school and can't face the fact that I still have like 3 semesters left. I don't know where I'm living this summer, I don't know what I'm doing next year, and I don't own a car, and I'm beginning to care less and less about everything. In the back of my mind is this thought that says, "Take a semester off," or start all over again. But I know I can't do that. Unsatisfied doesn't begin to describe my thoughts. Not unsatisfied with myself, but rather where I'm going. I know I'm not being original or anything because almost every college student thinks about these things, but I never know that it could get to the point that I don't have time to sit down and clear my mind. My mind is full of necessary story ideas for class, bullshit politics and financial burdens. I've also made some correlations between things, pretty basic. When I'm down, so is my relationship with those around me, I become withdrawn from everyone everything. I just want to sit in my bed all day. And my relationship with God or believing in anything is non-existent. My cynicism on the other hand is thriving. Basically I've just begun to question the field I've gotten myself in-and to the point of no return mind you.
Things are spiraling out of control, and I'm at a loss what to do. This stuff just impacts me all around, where usually I'm happy to talk to anyone and goofy, I'm sad serious and introverted to the max. My apologies. I feel like in my daily life I should come with a disclaimer explaining I'm not really like this, its a temporary thing.
- ChelseaWhitton
- Hello my name is Chelsea, but you can call me Chels or Chach. If my name was Candy, I would be Candy Kane. Fresh and sweet. Anyhow, I graduated from college at UMass Amherst in May, knowing a little bit about myself, but knowing I wanted to learn a lot more about what I'm meant to be doing with my life. Since then I've figured out quite a bit. Living here in Jamaica Plain on my own, learning about life, what it takes to make it on my own, and balancing work, friends and family has all been a great experience. Maybe I am a grown-up? It is almost Spring. Its a reawakening. I am reawakening.
Monday, February 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment