So hello everyone.
Today was a snow day, and it was a needed one. I woke up and to much shock there was no snow, which was fabulous. So I took a run, which I've doing more of lately. People say I might hurt my knees, which I hear them but the running just soothes me in a way I can't explain.
Today was good, just hung out enjoyed things. Tonight was great. I interviewed Frank Warren the creator of Postsecret and I hope to write a great feature on him and his work and his mission. He was a pretty cool guy who stands for a pretty cool cause. Of course I walked out with a child-ish grin on my face when he asked what my major was and I replied, "journalism," and he replied, "that suits you, you'll be great at it." The grin ensued. I always feel 100 percent better or inspired when I do journalism things--talking and relating to people. So I know I probably made the right choice despite the harsh economy on the field. But as always that hasn't deterred me from my dreams, National Geographic.
I'm starting to write again. I keep getting all of these story ideas and hope to pursue them. I'm still bogged down with internship things and pending plans on next year and this summer and though it can seem overwhelming, its life, and I need to let go and realize the Chelsea Whitton way of things isn't how it always goes.
My mother mailed me chocolate and cute pj bottoms for valentines day. So sweet. I remember being a child and getting gifts on little holidays like this. One year I got a pair of barbie overalls. Yes denim barbie overalls. Another was a watch that I adored. If only she sent a bottle of vodka and every romantic comedy ever produced....Kidding. Though Valentines Day in my mind represents some capitalistic announcement of affection, I sort of do wish I had a reason to celebrate. In any case I always try to get myself in holiday spirit no matter the holiday thus I already know I'm wearing my underwear with hearts on them, if thats at all pertinent to anything.Well at least my day is free right?
Tomorrow is Thursday. I'm getting help tomorrow, actual assistance with my life. Its funny, now that I started opening up and talking about things many other people around my life are saying things like oh I've gotten tons of help, or ya I've had therapy. And for once I can't believe I'm not running away from my problems or blatantly lying to those around me that I'm not okay. Though I do feel sort of silly sometimes when people ask me, "What happened?" And I reply, "Well its kind of the exact opposite, nothing happened, nothing at all. And that is why I feel the way I do."
I was telling a friend tonight that I'm ready to start immersing myself in life rather than observing everyone else's. I've concluded that is the main cause of this serious case I have called "single-dom".
Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through for you
- ChelseaWhitton
- Hello my name is Chelsea, but you can call me Chels or Chach. If my name was Candy, I would be Candy Kane. Fresh and sweet. Anyhow, I graduated from college at UMass Amherst in May, knowing a little bit about myself, but knowing I wanted to learn a lot more about what I'm meant to be doing with my life. Since then I've figured out quite a bit. Living here in Jamaica Plain on my own, learning about life, what it takes to make it on my own, and balancing work, friends and family has all been a great experience. Maybe I am a grown-up? It is almost Spring. Its a reawakening. I am reawakening.
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment