Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Its a beat sheila!
Okay well I'm not an Aussie, but I am hoping for Australia like warmth, because it still is a bit cold--but granted it is February. Though the groundhog's calculations of the prolonged winter hopefully were a bit skewed and biased--he was probably just lazy and wanted to stay in the ground a bit longer.
I mean if I was a furry hairball, I don't see why not either. But I'm human, and that in the winter involves lots of coffee drinking and pale skin. Though I like the whole pale skin thing, I might try and not buy that tanning lotion thing this spring and embrace the paleness. As I should learn, my friend Mary calls me Orange-utan when I put on the sunless tanner haha, it goes with my hair and freckles at least. Oh us blessed Irish. We may have pale skin...but at least we can handle our liquor?...
I am writing up a storm for a bunch of projects I'm working on, and cover letters are becoming second nature.
But in all seriousness things are good. Friday night was spent with a great friend in Amherst.
Last night involved dancing on couches and playing guitar. To be honest I haven't had that much fun in a very long time.
Oh and I went to my friend's play which happened to be fabulous and I was extreemely impressed with the array of talent. I mean seriously I don't know many people who can speaketh witheth an Old-English accent. Haha.
And in the meantime I feel something pulling at my heart, my very being to go on the Navigators Spring Break trip to Atlanta, GA and I just don't know at this point what I am to do. In the meantime slowly but surely my hard heart towards life is becoming a bit softer, and a bit less concerned with what I have and don't have. And in doing so I feel a little less nuts. Which is great. Attempting to be humble, ironically is very humbling.
Everyday when I wake up I'm in this process where I have to remind myself to 1. live in the moment, 2. don't dwell on the uncertain. 3 go with the flow 4. just be happy with what I'm wearing and who I am that day and 5. know that somehow this crazy life that is mine is to be used intelligently and for a greater cause. I think we could all live this way.
And realize I'm attempting to live this way, not always succeeding.
Prayer and thoughts are with you all. Have a great week.
- ChelseaWhitton
- Hello my name is Chelsea, but you can call me Chels or Chach. If my name was Candy, I would be Candy Kane. Fresh and sweet. Anyhow, I graduated from college at UMass Amherst in May, knowing a little bit about myself, but knowing I wanted to learn a lot more about what I'm meant to be doing with my life. Since then I've figured out quite a bit. Living here in Jamaica Plain on my own, learning about life, what it takes to make it on my own, and balancing work, friends and family has all been a great experience. Maybe I am a grown-up? It is almost Spring. Its a reawakening. I am reawakening.
Sunday, February 21, 2010
And all the trees in the field clap their hands.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So should I call you Garfield now? ;-)
ReplyDeleteI'm bright orange and I love lasagna.
ReplyDelete