Okay, hello everyone, hope all is well, and that you've been listening to Christmas music non-stop like me. Things are good, Wednesday was nuts, but that's how it always is. I've told myself all semester that if I can make it to Wednesday night at 6 p.m. then I can do anything. I skipped an appt I had this morning that I was encouraged to go to, but it was beautiful out today, and I just did the usual. Now all I've got to do is finish up some papers, tie it all together, sign up for classes to finish my poli sci minor, and bam I'm out of here, and excited. I plan on going home and working and doing lots of yoga. Did I mention technically next semester I will have finished my gen eds, my global eds which were focused on South Eastern European studies, my major, and my poli-sci minor. The only reason I have to stay for senior year is for credits, so I'm basically in this dilemma where its like do I want to have an easy senior year, and contribute to journalism related things, and start applying for real life jobs...which is intimidating to say the least, or do I want to do geo-sci at the hopes of becoming a National Geographic correspondent. Recently I've come to the abrupt realization that my life is infact controlled by me, my decisions, my ways of viewing things, and the places I put myself are infact because I made that decision. Sounds like common sense, but I tend too look far past the normal things and scrutinize the details, and I miss the big picture. My fifth semester of school is done, and I have to say I've come quite far. Now its where do I go from here?
So reflections on the semester as up until now...because I've been thinking about this. I found one of the best friends someone could ever ask for, or pray for or hope for. Its just nice to have someone away from home, who knows everything there is about you, who understands how simply complex you are but can sum you up in a couple words. And drinking wine on Wednesday nights together isn't so bad either. I always last year would complain I didn't have enough friends because at Salve I was so used to be surrounded by many people, but at UMass I had two hands of friends, rather than handfuls, which at first took adjustment, but now I can cleary see the importance of that. Its not about the number, its about the quality and relationships you have with the people you love most. I also am probably one of the busiest people to be friends with, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm so fortunate for the great supportive and loving people I have in my life. And also that India and I happen to have the most dead-on matching sense of humors, and we one day will become known for that I'm sure. I do have regrets about the semester, I could have written more articles for the Collegian, or worked out more, or just worked a bit harder, and actually went to Friday morning discussions, but this is just one small part of my life, and I'm glad its passed, because the semester was long, and lots of work.
I leave school December 11, and after that I'm working, and possibly visiting my grandparents on the beach for a bit to clear my mind. I also need to buy a guitar, and a camera.
It doesn't feel like December because of the weather, but enjoy it in any case.
- ChelseaWhitton
- Hello my name is Chelsea, but you can call me Chels or Chach. If my name was Candy, I would be Candy Kane. Fresh and sweet. Anyhow, I graduated from college at UMass Amherst in May, knowing a little bit about myself, but knowing I wanted to learn a lot more about what I'm meant to be doing with my life. Since then I've figured out quite a bit. Living here in Jamaica Plain on my own, learning about life, what it takes to make it on my own, and balancing work, friends and family has all been a great experience. Maybe I am a grown-up? It is almost Spring. Its a reawakening. I am reawakening.
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment