I'll start of by saying I am the most fickle person in God's creation. No body ever said having lots of options was a bad thing right? FOCUS is a gift I was not given. Also keeping my shit together wasn't a gift either. But we can't have it all haha.
Today in church I sort of was John Edward(ed) into realizing that I truly have turned away from the good path I was on. I'm not on a bad path just a weird path. Kindof like the one in Wizard of OZ that has apple trees chucking apples at you. Yes that path, somewhere between reality and fiction. This isn't anything new really just a thought that was brought forth amongst the many thoughts in my head these days, and I felt I needed to prioritize.
After church India and I strolled through Amherst. Can I just say how much I love this town, I could never just walk around Auburn, with coffee, casually walking...I mean I ride my bike around Auburn and even that is risque. But we all know I live on the edge of a cliff most of the time. I got a white chocolate peppermint mocha from Starbucks, that is the most snobbish sounding drink ever, but its really good. So I'll sacrifice my humbleness for that drink haha. Its also way too expensive. Oh capitalism.
So India and I strolled about and looked at Christmas trees because, well, they smelled amazing and its just so damn Christmasy around this place. Which I happen to love. After that instead of retreating back to my little room I decided that I would go for a run, it was cold, but gorgeous out.
I like to make Sundays my 'explore Amherst days', and usually that is what they are. I ran on the trail and found some trails that branched off of the main trail and realized how in the middle of no-where I was. Though I was scared at first-at the thought of a bear sneaking up, or even worse a moose, I was more cautious of other lingering people. But un-interrupted I just traveled around and ended up on this hill, with a bunch of hay circles (forgot the actual name of these things) and just stood on them, and realized that I was completely alone. Exactly what I wanted. I sometimes find the most peace at places like this, where there is an empty field, where everything is gone for the winter except me. The sun was shining and I just sat there and did some thinking and praying. I then ran back to campus, played some guitar, and after multiple attempts to nap, I am here, lingering on.
Did I mention Friday night some friends and I watched "Elf" and cut snowflakes? It was hilarious because I cut this snow flake out of paper that looked very cultural and we all started cutting out snowflakes that were then taped up to a door frame for decoration and each labeled a country. I was responsible for, "Guatemala" and the "Incan" cultural snowflake. So funny. I was on the quest to cut out one resembling Iran but I just couldn't do it ;).
Over break I want to get the family's violin fixed and start trying to learn. I plan on working, hopefully getting a camera, and new guitar, practicing yoga, and getting internship things squared away.
As for how things are, I'm as irresponsibly hilarious as ever, but getting things done. I leave for home very soon, and am feeling quite in the Christmas spirit. I am praying and constantly renewing everyday.
Cheers.
- ChelseaWhitton
- Hello my name is Chelsea, but you can call me Chels or Chach. If my name was Candy, I would be Candy Kane. Fresh and sweet. Anyhow, I graduated from college at UMass Amherst in May, knowing a little bit about myself, but knowing I wanted to learn a lot more about what I'm meant to be doing with my life. Since then I've figured out quite a bit. Living here in Jamaica Plain on my own, learning about life, what it takes to make it on my own, and balancing work, friends and family has all been a great experience. Maybe I am a grown-up? It is almost Spring. Its a reawakening. I am reawakening.
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment